Thursday 24 July 2014

Pea protein

POAB

I've been looking for a source of protein that doesn't invovle protein powder and that can be put in a shake. Turns out green peas are high in protein. I am currently playing with this recipe.

The first one (pictured) started as follows
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1/2 a banana
1 cup of almond milk, unsweetened
1/4 avocado
1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
1/4 cup of rolled oats

Verdict 10/10
It was delicious. Smooth and creamy and slightly sweet. It comes out a lovely pale shade of green - the picture doesn't really do it justice.

Since then, I've tried different version, including, increasing the peas to 1 cup, using more banana, leaving out the avocado and/or the oats. All delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site is about making the best green smoothie - let me hear your improvements so I can try too!