Monday 19 August 2013

Some Greenies


KALG
from my friend and colleague Bronwyn
1 apple (organic if possible),
1 lemon (organic if you want to use the skin, I don't),
1-2 cups (1-2 cups),
1 inch ginger.

Verdict 9-10/10
Really tangy, a great pick me up.



CCAB
2 cups green chard
1 small apple (3-4 oz)
2 small carrots
2 tbsp ground flax
protein powder
1/2cup almond milk (unsweetened)

Verdict. 6/10
Sweet and earthy. Thick consistency. Add more almond milk or water to thin it out but I rather like the need for a spoon. I think I prefer kale over chard.



CACGL
from my friend Katya
1 cucumber
1 apple
1 carrot
ginger to taste
lemon juice
1/2 orange optional
celery to taste optional

Verdict - yet to try this one

MBKS

Recipe
Mango (the yellow star one),
1 Banana (not too ripe),
1 cup kale,
1 cup spinach,
ground flax, protein powder.

Verdict. 7/10
No trouble going down, lack a little zing....


SR
This one is from my friend Bronwyn, master of the ALKG
1-2 cups strawberries
1 head of romaine lettuce
1/2 cup coconut milk
protein powder
1 tbsp ground flax

Verdict 7/10
Looks a bit unpalatable but is surprisingly tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site is about making the best green smoothie - let me hear your improvements so I can try too!